Study Abroad Insurance
The Arch Insurance Travel and Accident division writes specialty travel, accident and disability insurance products countrywide. Product availability varies by state.
Study abroad insurance covers students and participants in educational and cultural exchange programs worldwide. This includes U.S. students traveling abroad and foreign students enrolled in a U.S. school.
We work with our clients to customize plan designs to best fit their needs. Coverage is typically limited in duration and is available for educational institutions, including – but not limited to – colleges, universities, trade and secondary schools.
Types of study abroad insurance coverage may include:
1A full list of unforeseen reasons can be found in the policy, and may include sickness, accidental injury or death, death or hospitalization of host at destination and others.
- Accident and sickness coverage helps travelers find and pay for medical care during an emergency or unexpected illness or accident. This may include nervous and mental disorders and physiotherapy services.
- Emergency evacuation or repatriation coverage covers expenses related to bringing a traveler home for treatment in a medical emergency.
- Emergency medical reunion covers the transportation, meals and lodging of an individual to travel to the student’s side if the student will spend several days in the hospital.
- Political and security evacuation coverage allows a traveler to be transferred to a safe haven during a political or security event, such as a natural disaster or political unrest.
- Accidental death and dismemberment offers coverage in an unfortunate accident.
- Baggage coverage is for delayed, lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed baggage.
- Trip cancellation coverage protects a traveler if unable to take a trip due to a covered, unforeseen reason1.
- Trip interruption coverage offers protection in the event a student must return home unexpectedly and cut their trip short.
- Trip delay coverage is for expenses that are not anticipated and are the result of a delay in travel, such as hotel stays, extra meals, etc.
Arch’s study abroad programs also include travel assistance services. These non-insurance services are provided by the designated assistance company listed in the policy. They may include:
- Pre-Trip Information
- Travel Assistance
- Replacement of Lost or Stolen Travel Documents.
- Emergency Travel Arrangements.
- Transfer of Funds.
- Legal Referrals.
- Language Services.
- Message Transmittals.
- Medical Assistance
- Worldwide Medical and Dental Referrals.
- Monitoring of Treatment.
- Relay of Insurance and Medical Information.
- 24-Hour Health Information.
- Medication and Vaccine Transfers.
- Updates to Family, Policyholder, and Home Physicians.
- Replacement of Corrective Lenses and Medical Devices.
- Emergency Transportation Arrangements
For coverage, these services must be arranged by designated travel assistance provider:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Medically Necessary Repatriation.
- Repatriation of Deceased Remains.
- Return of Dependent Children.
- Emergency Medical Reunion.
- Emergency Political or Security Evacuation.
Contact us for more information on how to protect your students with study abroad insurance.