Alternative Asset Protection
At Arch Insurance, Alternative Asset Protection (AAP) is a team of highly experienced underwriters focused almost exclusively on Private Equity Funds of various types. Our keen understanding of complex organizational structures enables us to also handle fund-less asset managers such as Master Limited Partnership (MLPs).
Arch offers a comprehensive suite of insurance coverages to address the heightened litigation risk that private funds and their managers face from both internal sources (limited partners, employees, etc.) and external sources such as portfolio company constituents – employees, creditors, customers, buyers, sellers and minority shareholders, as well as regulatory agencies.
We have a solid understanding of the space. Arch was first funded in 2001 by two private equity firms. Clients benefit from Arch’s:
High quality primary policy form admitted in 45 states
- Dedicated underwriting group focused on serving this niche customer base
- Integrated claims model with highly experienced claims professionals
- Ability to tailor the policy form to fit the specific needs of our clients
In early 2010, AAP released a new comprehensive private fund product: Arch Alternative Asset Management Liability Policy®. This form covers:
- Management liability
- Outside directorship liability
- Professional services liability
- Employment practices liability (EPL)
- Fiduciary liability (by endorsement)
In addition to these core fund liability coverages, AAP offers:
- Arch Essential Side A® coverage
- Fidelity bonds
For fund-less partnerships, AAP offers:
General partnership liability coverage via the Arch Corporate Canopy®
- Arch Essential D&O® for private and publicly traded partnerships utilizing endorsements to tailor the coverage.
Submissions Information Required
- Fully completed and executed Application for Arch Alternative Asset Management Liability Insurance
- Most recent fiscal year-end audited financial statement for each active fund
- Most recent quarterly report to investors for each fund
- List of portfolio companies and board of director seats for each company
- Private Placement Memorandum for new fund raised within the previous 12 months
- Limited Partnership Agreement for most recent fund
Insurance coverage is underwritten by a member company of Arch Insurance Group Inc. This is only a brief description of the insurance coverage(s) available under the policy. The policy contains reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in the policy. If there are any conflicts between this document and the policy, the policy shall govern. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions.