The Travel & Accident Division of Arch Insurance writes specialty Travel & Accident related insurance products in all 50 states.
Clients can protect their travel investment from unforeseen events like trip cancellation due to sickness, work or weather related emergencies, trip interruption, trip delay or missed connection situations that could prevent a traveler from taking or continuing on a trip. Arch's Travel & Accident policies are also designed to cover unforeseen events that can occur while traveling such as lost or delayed baggage, medical emergencies that could require medical care or in extreme cases, medical evacuation or repatriation of mortal remains and accidental death & dismemberment.
We go beyond insurance plans by offering unparalleled worldwide travel assistance services to all of our clients.
Arch's Travel & Accident Solutions
Credit Card Enhancement Products
Arch Insurance’s Travel & Accident Division underwrites Credit Card Enhancement insurance products. Travel insurance coverage is provided automatically when the insured charges their full airfare, car rental or hotel stay, less redeemable tickets, points, vouchers, miles or coupons on the eligible credit card. A charge must be made on the eligible credit card in order for coverage to be triggered.
- Financial institutions
- Credit unions
- Program associations
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Common carrier
- Scheduled air
- 24-hour "Door to Door" (business/corporate cards)
- Baggage delay
- Collision damage waiver
- Hotel/motel burglary
- In-hospital indemnity
- Lost baggage
- Medical evacuation and repatriation
- Trip cancellation/interruption
- Trip delay
- Dedicated plan administration capabilities
- Insured has the ability to purchase additional limits of protection
- Ability to offer "core buy-up" programs to financial institutions
- Coverage is provided to spouse or domestic partner and unmarried dependent children
- Specialized underwriting and claim services
- Website customization to assist the financial institution on selling insurance programs to their banking customers
- Insured can view the status of their claim in real time
- Identity Theft Resolution services provided by Worldwide Assistance
- Travel assistance and phone concierge services available
- Up to $1 million per person limits for AD&D
- Up to $100,000 Combined Single Limit (CSL) per person for medical evacuation and repatriation
- No per account aggregate
- Specialty producers and agents
- Financial institutions
Minimum Underwriting Guidelines
- Minimum AD&D premium of $10,000
- Minimum Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) premium of $25,000
- Minimum card volume of $100,000
- Completed application
- Minimum of three to five years of loss data
Corporate Travel & Personal Accident
Arch Insurance’s Travel & Accident division provides comprehensive accident solutions for employer groups of all sizes, including Fortune 500 companies, multi-national corporations, mid-size employers and small businesses. In addition, Arch offers accident programs for schools and members of groups or associations participating in sponsored activities. Our product innovation, underwriting expertise and superior customer give Arch the unique ability to provide customized solutions for our clients.
Corporate Travel Accident Insurance
The evolving global economy requires businesses to expand beyond their normal boundaries of operation, creating the need for increased business travel. With heightened awareness of the hazards associated with traveling, employers and risk managers have increased interest in this benefit package.
- 24-hour worldwide protection
- Customized solutions for multi-national corporations
- Business travel only
- Business and pleasure
- Corporate owned or leased aircraft
- Emergency medical evacuation & repatriation
- Non-employee director coverage
- Relocation coverage
- War risk
- Global travel assistance services including 24-hour multi-lingual call line, pre-trip services and emergency medical assistance
- Business trip cancellation, interruption and baggage delay
Additional enhancements are also available.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
Arch offers both employer-paid and contributory programs that provide financial protection to employees and their families in the event of accidental death or serious injury.
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Contributory plan
- Pays benefit in addition to other accident benefits
- Employee selects amount of insurance based on salary
- Purchase coverage through convenient payroll deduction
- Living benefits for Covered Persons permanently injured in an accident
- Spouse and children coverage available
Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employer-paid or non-contributory
- Flat amounts or multiples of salary
- Enhanced dismemberment schedule
- Additional benefits included, typically as flat dollar amount or percentage of accidental death benefit
- Benefit options include:
- Bereavement and trauma counseling
- Childcare center
- Education benefit
- Home alteration/vehicle modification
- Rehabilitation expense
- Seat belt and airbag
- Spouse/domestic partner retraining
Additional options are also available.
Participant Accident Insurance (Special Risk)
Arch provides accident protection for participants, group members or students taking part in sponsored and supervised activities and events.
- Charitable and non-profit organizations
- Civic groups
- Religious groups
- Youth groups
- Schools —Kindergarten through Grade 12 (public, private and parochial)
- Youth sports teams and leagues
- Daycare centers/nursery schools — school and religious affiliated
- Clubs, including sports and non-sports
- Volunteer firefighters
- Accident medical benefits excess of other coverage
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Customized plans for annual or short-term basis
- Benefits may be extended to cover travel to and from an activity or event
- Emergency medical evacuation & repatriation
- May be offered in conjunction with general liability coverage
Leisure Travel Insurance
Arch Insurance’s Travel & Accident division writes specialty travel and accident related insurance products. These products protect an insured's non-refundable vacation investment and cover them if they experience unforeseen emergencies while traveling.
- Pre-Departure Coverage Trip Cancellation Coverage: Reimburses the insured up to the maximum cost of their trip if they incur a claim due to one of the plan's named perils, including sickness, injury, death, strike, inclement weather causing cessation of travel services, terrorism and others
- Post-Departure Coverage: Includes coverage for emergency medical expenses, emergency evacuation expenses, protection for baggage and personal effects, and reimbursement for meals and accommodations if a traveler is delayed, among other coverages
- Non-Insured Assistance Services: 24-hour hotline available to assist travelers with their travel or medical emergencies. Phone concierge services are also available
This product is available for United States residents who are taking short-term trips of less than one year in duration.
We entertain new business from established Travel Program Administrators, or retailers or wholesalers of any size, who are seeking an alternative market/administrator to their current insurance provider.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by a member company of Arch Insurance Group Inc. This is only a brief description of the insurance coverage(s) available under the policy. The policy contains reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in the policy. If there are any conflicts between this document and the policy, the policy shall govern. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions.