New York Disability Benefits
The State of New York mandates that all employers provide their employees with short-term disability benefits in the event that an employee becomes disabled due to a non-occupational injury or illness. This may include such examples as an employee breaking a leg during a ski vacation or an employee giving birth.
When an employee is eligible for coverage, they must first meet a seven-day waiting period, after which they will receive 50% of their weekly earnings, up to $170 per week.
Under state law, if an employee is continuously disabled, they can receive up to 26 weeks of benefits within a 12-month period.
NY DBL RATES: 1 - 49 - FILED RATES
Quarterly in Arrears
Annual in Advance
*monthly rate per employee billed quarterly in arrears
$80 Minimum Annual Premium
Arch Insurance in New York
Using the state mandates as a baseline, Arch Insurance offers enhanced disability plans to New York employers:
- Shortened elimination periods.
- Increased percentages of covered weekly benefits.
- Increased weekly dollar maximum.
- Increased overall covered weekly durations.
The Benefits of Choosing Arch Insurance
Employers may see several benefits when they choose Arch Insurance over the state of New York’s temporary disability insurance plan:
- Arch’s underwriters are industry experts with decades of experience with disability benefits in New York.
- We have a superior claims staff that focuses on full case management with the goal of returning employees to work.
- Policy and related documents are 100% paperless. There’s no waiting for the mail.
- We will work with employers who have multiple locations and request combined billing options.
- Employer access to online, real-time FICA and claim reports.
- Arch uses high-tech systems and operations, which translates to faster, more accurate business practices.
New York Paid Family Leave Documents
The links below provide information and claims forms for paid family leave within the state of New York.
Visit the New York State Paid Family Leave Website
Information for Employers.
Employer Application for Arch Insurance Company.
Helpful hints to the Policyholder Regarding Policy and Premium.
How to Complete Your Annual Invoice.
How to Complete Your Quarterly Invoice.
Employer’s Application for Voluntary Coverage (no employee contribution).
Employer’s Application for Voluntary Coverage (employee contribution required).
New York State PFL Waiver Form, for employees who wish to opt out.
Employee Statement of Rights for Paid Family Leave .
Return to Work Notification Form
What Employees Need to Know
Instructions for Filing a Claim with Arch Insurance
Helpful Hints for Filing a Claim
Insurance coverage is underwritten by a member company of Arch Insurance Group Inc. This is only a brief description of the insurance coverage(s) available under the policy. The policy contains reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in the policy. If there are any conflicts between this document and the policy, the policy shall govern. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions.